Upcoming SEABC and Industry Events
The amazing volunteers at SEABC are taking a deserved summer break. Monthly evening seminars and Young Members events will resume in the fall.
Free Virtual Courses on Earthquake Risk Reduction Topics from FEMA NETAP
Presented by Applied Technology Council (ATC)
Certificates in Structural Engineering Program
The September 2023 Term will run Tuesdays – Thursdays between September 12 and December 7, 2023.
- September 2023 course format: ALL courses will be offered Live Webcast, however select courses will also be offered simultaneously in-person at the UBC Robson campus, Vancouver, B.C.
- Four courses will be offered this term: each course is once a week for 2 hours in the evening.
- Course start and end times are varied, please see course details below.
- Courses are 13 consecutive weeks; some courses will include a mid-term break.
September 2023 Term Courses
- C2 Effective Structural Modeling (ONLINE only)
Course Coordinator: Bishnu Pandey
Course date/time: Wednesdays, September 13 – December 6, 2023, 5:30 – 7:30pm PST
- C6 Dynamic Analysis of Structural Systems
Course Coordinator: Jason Dowling
Course date/time: Tuesdays, September 12 – December 5, 2023, 4:30 – 6:30pm PST
- C10 Design of Foundations and Earth-Supported Structures
Course Coordinator: Fred Borjian
Course date/time: Tuesdays, September 12 – December 5, 2023, 7:00 – 9:00pm PST
- C13 Structural Steel Design for Buildings
Course Coordinator: Andy Metten
Course date/time: Thursdays, September 14 – December 7, 2023, 4:00 – 6:00pm PST