The Structural Engineers Association of British Columbia (SEABC) is an association that promotes the interests of structural engineers in British Columbia by :
- Promoting the highest standards of structural engineering.
- Advancing the science and art of structural engineering by encouraging and fostering education for the benefit of the profession and the general public;
- Assisting members in their professional development and business practice;
- Communicating, collaborating and co-operating with professional and learned bodies, both inside and outside the province of BC, in matters affecting structural engineers.
The SEABC was formed on January 3, 2008 by the amalgamation of the Division of Structural Engineers of APEGBC (DSE), the Vancouver Structural Engineers Group Society (VSEGS), and the Structural Engineering Consultants of British Columbia (SECBC).
SEABC activities include the following:
- The SEABC provides a forum for the discussion of technical matters related to structural engineering.
- The SEABC organizes evening presentations on topics such as projects of interest to structural engineers, code revisions by code committee members, new equipment and techniques relating to design or construction of engineering works by industry groups.
- The SEABC sponsors presentations by visiting engineers of national or international stature.
- The SEABC provides local sponsorship for the organization of national or international symposia or seminars.
- The SEABC provides assistance to the local CSCE section in areas related to structural engineering.