The September 2023 Term will run Tuesdays – Wednesdays – Thursdays between September 12 and December 7, 2023.
September 2023 TERM COURSE DELIVERY:
- All courses will be offered Live Webcast, however select courses will also be offered simultaneously in-person at the UBC Robson campus, Vancouver, B.C.
- Four courses will be offered this term: each course is once a week for 2 hours in the evening.
- Course start and end times are varied, please see course details below.
- Courses are 13 consecutive weeks; some courses will include a mid-term break.
September 2023 Term Courses
- C2 Effective Structural Modeling (ONLINE only)
Course Coordinator: Bishnu Pandey Course date/time: Wednesdays, September 13 – December 6, 2023, 5:30 – 7:30pm PST
- C6 Dynamic Analysis of Structural Systems (POSTPONED to 2024) Course Coordinator: Jason Dowling Course date/time: Tuesdays, September 12 – December 5, 2023, 4:30 – 6:30pm PST
- C10 Design of Foundations and Earth-Supported Structures Course Coordinator: Fred Borjian Course date/time: Tuesdays, September 12 – December 5, 2023, 6:30 – 8:30pm PST
- C13 Structural Steel Design for Buildings
Course Coordinator: Andy Metten Course date/time: Thursdays, September 14 – December 7, 2023, 4:00 – 6:00pm PST
- E28 Design of Multi-Storied Concrete Buildings- CANCELLED
Course Coordinator: Armin Bebamzadeh Course date/time: postponed until further notice
- Classroom: $500 + GST
- Live Webcast: $700 + GST
Course Registration is intended for individuals only and is not intended to be shared with anyone else other than the registrant. If any student wishes to share any of the lectures with anyone else, please seek permission from the Program Administrator, Shannon Remillong at courses(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca. Special permission to share lectures may be evaluated and possibly granted depending on the circumstances presented to the Administrator.
For inquires about course registration fee subsidy: please contact Program Administrator, Shannon Remillong, at courses(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca.
The Certificates in Structural Engineering Program offers courses on a wide range of structural engineering topics.
In addition to promoting the Certificates in Structural Engineering, we also welcome auditing of courses:
- Credit: Take a course with the goal of obtaining a final grade of 68% of higher, a Certificate in Structural Engineering will be provided.
- Audit: Take a course to expand your knowledge, without an evaluation of assignments or exams. Letter of audit will be provided.
- SEABC members: $50 per course reduction in tuition.
- “Early Bird” registration: $50 per course reduction in tuition for online registrations received and mail-in registration postmarked on or by Friday, March 24, 2023.
Register on the Certificate Program website (powered by Class-Bit). Pay by credit card (PayPal) or Cheque.
REGISTRATION OPENS: Monday, July 3, 2023
- Registration open: Monday, July 3, 2023.
- Early-bird deadline: Friday, August 18, 2023.
- Registration will remain open until Tuesday, September 12, 2023.
- First lecture: week of September 12, 2023.
- Last lecture: week of December 5, 2023.
- Withdrawal Deadline: Monday, September 25, 2023 ($75 administration fee will be applied to refund of course registration fee).
Student Code of Conduct
Please address questions on courses and registration to the Certificate Program Executive Assistant, Shannon Remillong, at shannon.remillong(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca">courses(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca.
Course Notes and Recordings
Students that are enrolled for the current term can access course notes and course lecture recordings in the Open the Certificate Program website (powered by Class-Bit) for up to six months from last day of the course.