The September 2021 Term will run Tuesday through Thursday between September 7 and December 2, 2021.
SEPTEMBER 2021 TERM COURSES WILL BE OFFERED AS LIVE WEBCAST VERSION (with potential of some in-person classroom seats)
**Please note at this time the following information is applicable only for the September 2021 Term**
- September 2021 courses will be held ON-LINE (potentially we could have some seating at the UBC Robson classroom venue by September).
- Four courses will be offered: once a week for 2 hours in the evening.
- Courses are 13 consecutive weeks.
September 2021 Term Courses
- C12 Practical Design of Reinforced Concrete
Course Coordinator: John Pao Course date/time: TBA
- E13 Computer Software Applications in Structural Engineering
Course Coordinator: Armin Bebamzadeh Course date/time: TBA
- E15 Applications of Dynamic Analysis for Seismic Design of Structures
Course Coordinator: Carlos Ventura Course date/time: TBA
- E16-1 Introduction to Cables and Cable Systems 1
Course Coordinator: Derek Hutchinson Course date/time: TBA
- Live webcast $650 + GST.
- If facing unexpected financial hardship due to COVID-19, please inquire about reduced registration fees with courses(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca
Course Registration is intended for individuals only and is not intended to be shared with anyone else other than the registrant. If any student wishes to share any of the lectures with anyone else, please seek permission from the Program Administrator, Shannon Remillong at course(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca. Special permission to share lectures may be evaluated and possibly granted depending on the circumstances presented to the Administrator.
The Certificate in Structural Engineering Program offers courses on a wide range of structural engineering topics.
In addition to promoting the Certificate in Structural Engineering, we also welcome auditing of courses:
- Credit: Take a course with the goal of obtaining a final grade of 68% of higher, a Certificate in Structural Engineering will be provided.
- Audit: Take a course to expand your knowledge, without an evaluation of assignments or exams. Letter of audit will be provided.
- SEABC members: $50 per course reduction in tuition.
- “Early Bird” registration: $50 per course reduction in tuition for online registrations received and mail-in registration postmarked on or by Friday, August 13, 2021.
Register on the Certificate Program website (powered by Class-Bit). Pay by credit card (PayPal) or Cheque.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN MONDAY JULY 12, 2021
- Registration open: Monday, July 12, 2021.
- Early-bird deadline: Friday, August 13, 2021.
- Registration will remain open until Monday, September 6, 2021.
- First lecture: week of September 7, 2021.
- Last lecture: week of December 2, 2021.
- Withdrawal Deadline: Monday, September 20, 2021 ($75 administration fee will be applied to refund of course registration fee).
Student Code of Conduct
Please address questions on courses and registration to the Shannon Remillong (Certificate Program Executive Assistant) at courses(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca">coursesatseabc.ca.
April 2021 Term Courses
C2 Effective Structural Modeling
C4-2 Advanced Concepts in Earthquake Engineering & Seismicity
E23 Performance-based Design of Tall Buildings
E25 Structural Health Monitoring
Members that are enrolled for the current term can access course notes on the Open the Certificate Program website (powered by Class-Bit).