The April 2023 Term will run Tuesdays – Thursdays between April 11 and July 6, 2023.
APRIL 2023 TERM COURSES RETURN TO THE CLASSROOM & LIVE WEBCAST!
- April 2023 course format: ALL courses will be offered Live Webcast, however select courses will be simultaneously offered in-person at the UBC Robson Campus.
- Classroom location is UBC Robson Square, Room C485 – 800 Robson Street, Vancouver, BC
- Four courses will be offered this term: each course is once a week for 2 hours in the evening.
- Course times: either 4:00-6:00pm or 6:30-8:30pm PST
- Courses are 12-13 consecutive weeks; some courses will include a mid-term break.
REGISTRATION OPENS MONDAY FEBRUARY 6, 2023
April 2023 Term Courses
- C2 Effective Structural Modeling (ONLINE only)
Course Coordinator: Bishnu Pandey Course date/time: Thursdays, April 13 – July 6, 2023, 6:30 – 8:30pm PST
- E5-1 Seismic Design of Concrete Structures (ONLINE only)
Course Coordinator: Anthony El-Araj Course date/time: Thursdays, April 13 – July 6, 2023, 4:00 – 6:00pm PST
- E14 Prestressed and Post-tensioned Concrete Design
Course Coordinator: John Pao Course date/time: Tuesdays, April 11 – June 27, 2023, 4:00 – 6:00pm PST
- E23 Performance-based Design of Tall Buildings (ONLINE only)
Course Coordinator: Freddy Pina Course date/time: Tuesdays, April 11 – July 4, 2023, 6:30 – 8:30pm PST
- Classroom: $500 + GST
- Live Webcast: $700 + GST
Course Registration is intended for individuals only and is not intended to be shared with anyone else other than the registrant. If any student wishes to share any of the lectures with anyone else, please seek permission from the Program Administrator, Shannon Remillong at courses(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca. Special permission to share lectures may be evaluated and possibly granted depending on the circumstances presented to the Administrator.
The Certificates in Structural Engineering Program offers courses on a wide range of structural engineering topics.
In addition to promoting the Certificates in Structural Engineering, we also welcome auditing of courses:
- Credit: Take a course with the goal of obtaining a final grade of 68% of higher, a Certificate in Structural Engineering will be provided.
- Audit: Take a course to expand your knowledge, without an evaluation of assignments or exams. Letter of audit will be provided.
- SEABC members: $50 per course reduction in tuition.
- “Early Bird” registration: $50 per course reduction in tuition for online registrations received and mail-in registration postmarked on or by Friday, March 24, 2023.
Register on the Certificate Program website (powered by Class-Bit). Pay by credit card (PayPal) or Cheque.
REGISTRATION OPENS: FEBRUARY 6 2023
- Registration open: Monday, February 6, 2023.
- Early-bird deadline: Friday, March 24, 2023.
- Registration will remain open until Monday, April 10, 2023.
- First lecture: week of April 11, 2023.
- Last lecture: week of July 6, 2023.
- Withdrawal Deadline: Monday, April 24, 2023 ($75 administration fee will be applied to refund of course registration fee).
Student Code of Conduct
Download the student code of conduct
Please address questions on courses and registration to the Shannon Remillong, Certificate Program Executive Assistant, at shannon.remillong(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca">courses(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca.
January 2023 Term Courses
C1 Analytical Methods in Structural Engineering
C4-2 Advanced Concepts in Earthquake Engineering & Seismicity
C11 Timber Design of Light Res/Comm. Buildings
C50 Highway Bridge Design Loadings and Load Ratings
E12 Design of Steel Structures for Seismic Resistance
E13 Computer Software Applications in Structural Engineering
Course Notes and Recordings
Students that are enrolled for the current term can access course notes and course lecture recordings in the Open the Certificate Program website (powered by Class-Bit) for up to six months from last day of the course.