The April 2021 Term will run Tuesday through Thursday between April 6 and July 1, 2021.
APRIL 2021 TERM COURSES WILL BE OFFERED AS LIVE WEBCAST VERSION ONLY.
**Please note at this time the following information is applicable only to the April 2021 Term**
- April 2021 courses will be held ON-LINE ONLY and NOT at the UBC Robson classroom venue.
- Four courses will be offered: 3 courses will be once a week for 2 hours in the evening and the 4th course will be twice a week for 1 hour sessions over the lunch hour.
- Courses are 13 consecutive weeks.
April 2021 Term Courses
- C2 Effective Structural Modeling
Course Coordinator: Bishnu Pandey Course date/time: TBD: April 6 – June 29, 5:30 – 7:30 PM PST
- C4-2 Advanced Concepts in Earthquake Engineering and Seismicity
Course Coordinator: Carlos Ventura Course date/time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, April 6 to July 1, 12:00 – 1:00 PM PST
- E23 Performance-based Design of Tall Buildings
Course Coordinator: Freddy Pina Course date/time: TBD: April 7 – June 30, 5:30 – 7:30 PM PST
- E25 Structural Health Monitoring
Course Coordinator: Yavuz Kaya Course date/time: TBD: April 8 – July 1, 5:30 – 7:30 PM PST
- Live webcast $650 + GST.
- If facing unexpected financial hardship due to COVID-19, please inquire about reduced registration fees with courses(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca
Course Registration is intended for individuals only and is not intended to be shared with anyone else other than the registrant. If any student wishes to share any of the lectures with anyone else, please seek permission from the Program Administrator, Shannon Remillong at course(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca. Special permission to share lectures may be evaluated and possibly granted depending on the circumstances presented to the Administrator.
The Certificate in Structural Engineering Program offers courses on a wide range of structural engineering topics.
In addition to promoting the Certificate in Structural Engineering, we also welcome auditing of courses:
- Credit: Take a course with the goal of obtaining a final grade of 68% of higher, a Certificate in Structural Engineering will be provided.
- Audit: Take a course to expand your knowledge, without an evaluation of assignments or exams. Letter of audit will be provided.
- SEABC members: $50 per course reduction in tuition.
- “Early Bird” registration: $50 per course reduction in tuition for online registrations received and mail-in registration postmarked on or by Friday, March 12, 2021.
Register on the Certificate Program website (powered by Class-Bit). Pay by credit card (PayPal) or Cheque.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN MONDAY FEBRUARY 15, 2021
- Registration open: Monday, February 15, 2021.
- Early-bird deadline: Friday, March 12, 2021.
- Registration will remain open until Friday, April 9, 2021.
- First lecture: Tuesday, April 6, Wednesday, April 7 and Thursday, April 8, 2021.
- Last lecture: Tuesday, June 29, Wednesday, June 30 and Thursday, July 1, 2021.
- Withdrawal Deadline: Sunday, April 18, 2021 ($75 administration fee will be applied to refund of course registration fee).
Student Code of Conduct
Please address questions on courses and registration to the Shannon Remillong (Certificate Program Executive Assistant) at courses(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca">coursesatseabc.ca.
January 2021 Term Courses
C1 Analytical Methods in Structural Engineering
C4-1 Introduction to Earthquake Engineering & Seismicity
C11 Light Timber Design for Residential/Commercial Buildings
C51 Bridge Analysis
E7 Seismic Strengthening of Existing Structures
Members that are enrolled for the current term can access course notes on the Open the Certificate Program website (powered by Class-Bit).